Monday, November 7, 2011

Where to Begin?

Yesterday I said that tomorrow would be the first day of the rest of my life.  And, here I am at tomorrow.  My question is - where do I begin?  I have an idea of some things that I would like to work on, but the list can get a little overwhelming.  I feel like I am setting New Year's Resolutions - you know - the kind that never get me anywhere because I simply can't keep up with them.  I must confess that I have never been much of a goal setter in the traditional sense of the word.  Yes, I have things that I want to accomplish.  No, I don't necessarily have a concrete list and steps to help me achieve those things.  I have tried Franklin Planners that are supposed to help with that sort of thing.  I have sat down for hours and tried to come up with a list of goals and lots of mini goals in order to help me accomplish the big things.  When all is said and done, I have only ended up frustrated by trying to come up with so many goals, and nothing of significance has really gotten accomplished.  Perhaps that is wherein my problem lies.  Perhaps I need to become more goal oriented and more willing to sit down and plan out my life on a piece of paper before I actually live it.  If I am being honest, that just sounds a little boring - a little stifling.  But, I'm sure that I would get much more accomplished that way.  I know that if I continue to do what I have done in the past, I will continue to get the same results, and there are a few things that I want to change.  I need to come up with a plan that is not going to be completely overwhelming right off the bat.  Where do I start if I want to develop all of those wonderful qualities that I listed yesterday?  It seems like it may be more of a lifetime pursuit, which is alright.  But, what is step number one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment